WASHINGTON, D.C. – Silent Circle, the global encrypted communications firm revolutionizing mobile device security for organizations and individuals alike, has announced the availability of its Silent Text secure messaging and file transfer app for Android devices via Google Play. With the addition of Silent Text for Android, Silent Circle’s apps and services offer unmatched privacy protection by routing encrypted calls, messages and attachments exclusively between Silent Circle users’ iOS and Android devices without logging metadata associated with subscribers’ communications.
Silent Text for Android’s features include:
- Burn Notice feature allows you to have any messages you send self-destruct after a time delay
- Send map locations encrypted and controlled
- Peer-to-peer key management – keys are on each device, not on Silent Circle’s servers
- No one but you and the person you are texting can decrypt and read the information
- Send any file up to 100MB
- Revolutionizes secure business and personal communications with a tap of the finger
“Relentless surveillance and espionage by state-sponsored, commercial, and criminal actors worldwide continues to demonstrate vulnerabilities in cellular calls and mobile communications that executives, government officials and others rely on everywhere they travel,” said Silent Circle CTO and co-founder Jon Callas. “At a time when large-scale network monitoring is making many cloud, telecommunications and other businesses’ privacy policies almost moot, our services give employees and individuals with sensitive information the confidence to communicate and collaborate anywhere.”
Silent Text for Android adds to Silent Circle’s comprehensive set of private, peer-to-peer encrypted communications services including Silent Phone for secure mobile voice and video calling and encrypted voice and video communication on Windows PCs with Silent Circle Desktop for secure calls and conferencing.
“With our latest versions of Silent Phone and Silent Text, we give iOS and Android users a private, end-to-end encrypted platform for calling, messaging and sharing files designed to be inherently more secure than other mediums,” Callas continued. “Beyond strong encryption, our apps give users important, additional privacy controls, such as Silent Text’s ability to wipe messages and files from a recipient’s device with a ‘Burn Notice.’”
About Silent Circle's encrypted peer-to-peer communication services:
- Silent Phone: Encrypted mobile VoIP calling with ability to seamlessly switch to high-quality, secure video calls, on-demand. Currently available for iOS and Android, it can be used with Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G LTE cellular anywhere in the world.
- Out-Circle Access: Enables calls between one Silent Phone subscriber and a non-subscriber.*
- Silent Text: Encrypted text messaging with support for almost any attachment up to 100MB and "Burn Notice" feature for permanently deleting messages from senders’ and receivers’ device registries. Messages can include map locations and multimedia recorded in the app. Currently available for iOS and Android.
- Silent Circle Desktop: Encrypted VoIP audio and video calls and conferencing from Windows laptops and desktops through Silent Circle's custom HD network. Compatible with Silent Phone. Currently available for Windows PC’s.
*Currently limited to PSTN calls in U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
ABOUT SILENT CIRCLE
Silent Circle is a global encrypted communications service headquartered in Washington D.C. providing a revolutionary peer-to-peer platform for encrypted voice, video, text and file transfer on mobile devices via a secure, proprietary network, software and mobile apps. Silent Circle was co-founded by Mike Janke, former Navy SEAL and best-selling author and Phil Zimmermann, the world famous Silicon Valley creator of Internet encryption for voice and data and 2012 inductee into the Internet Hall of Fame. For more on Silent Circle, go to: https://www.silentcircle.com.