>SAS< Automation recently introduced a new smaller bag gripper for a variety of bag handling applications including palletizing woven cloth, plastic or paper bags containing heavy products including grains, chemicals, dog food, minerals and plastic resins. This innovative gripper uses stainless steel fingers for both strength and their ability to withstand harsh manufacturing environments. A decker mechanism is designed into the tool to facilitate an accurate bag drop once positioned over the pallet -- crucial for a tightly packed pallet.
· Lightweight and rugged aluminum weldment main frame
· Manual adjustment for different bag widths from 290-450mm
· Ø9.5mm solid aluminum fingers with ball-nose ends
· Spring-return Aluminum Decking Plates to guide the bag
· Top-mounted Bag Clamp
· High-flow pneumatic solenoid valves
· Ultrasonic bag presence sensor
· Custom adaptor plate to accommodate any robot
· Handles bag weights up to 22kg (50 pounds)
· Weighs 17kg w/o slip sheet option (20kg with)
“This new lightweight bag gripper is a unique tool for palletizing heavy bags,” said Rob Dalton, General Manager for >SAS< Automation. "This gripper is capable of handling bags of multiple weights/sizes,” said Dalton.
For more information, visit www.sas-automation.com.