DT Research, a designer and manufacturer of purpose-built computing solutions for vertical markets, recently announced the DT340T, an IP65 rated Rugged Tablet with a 14-inch full-HD vivid display and dedicated high-performance NVIDIA GeForce GTX Graphic Card that supports high video processing within a wider screen. For the first time, interactive 3D training for aerospace, firefighting, military, medical, manufacturing and other environments that require highly detailed simulations are no longer restricted to an office environment.
The DT340T was also designed to meet the specific needs of law enforcement officers and first responders, who now have a versatile device that can be used in-vehicle, in the field and at the desk. For optimal in-vehicle use, DT Research has developed a unique cradle-mount for the DT340T that has a security lock, quick release and detachable keyboard, which instantly turns the device into a mobile tablet. The high power of this rugged tablet will give first responders confidence that the device will be ‘always on’ with a 180-watt hot-swappable battery pack that can run continuously for multiple days.
“Until now, 3D interactive training has been deskbound,” said Daw Tsai Sc.D., president of DT Research. “We saw the need to bring 3D simulations into the field with a large-screen portable unit that is powerful enough for 3D animations, but stays cool after hours of continuous use. At the same time, the market has not provided law enforcement officers and first responders with a single solution that spans their entire work environment from the vehicle-field-office. We looked closely at all the requirements for these users and designed a comprehensive solution that will make them more effective and productive during their entire shift — including some nice-to-have features like a dual cup holder.”
The DT301T is a large screen, lightweight and high powered MIL-STD tablet with a built-in dedicated graphic card and detachable keyboard, which can also be locked for added security. The tablet has been purpose-built for 3D animations, law enforcement and first responders in a variety of environments including: firefighter training, military defense training, pilot simulation, medical imaging, and manufacturing automation training.
The DT340T includes the following features and capabilities:
- Brilliant 14-inch Sunlight-readable Display — 14-inch Full-HD LED-backlight screen with capacitive touch. Display resolution is 1920 x 1080.
- Dedicated High Performance Graphic Card — Pre-integrated NVIDIA GeForceâ GTX 1050 graphic card with 4GB VRAM is optional.
- High Performance CPU and Windows OS — Intel 8th Generation Coreä i5 or i7 quad-core processor with Microsoft Windows 10 IoT Enterprise. Units come with either 8 GB, 16 GB or 32 GB of RAM and up to 1 Terabyte of data.
- Dual high-capacity, hot-swappable battery packs — Delivers 120 watt or 180 watts for up to 18 hours of continuous mobile use.
- Superior Wireless Connectivity — Wifi and Bluetooth 4.0 LE are standard with option for 4G LTE/AWS mobile broadband. A dual pass through antenna for the docking cradle is also an option.
- Military Standards —For use in harsh environments, the tablet is fully ruggedized to meet the highest durability standards with an IP65 rating, MIL-STD-810G for vibration and shock resistance and MIL-STD-461F for EMI and EMC tolerance.
- GNSS Module — U-blox M8 GNSS module with concurrent reception of GPS and GLONASS combined with industry-leading 167dBm navigation sensitivity.
- Smart Card, Camera & SD Slot —Tablets include full-slot CAC Reader and 1 micro SD card slot. A full-HD 2 mega-pixel front camera is optional.
- Unique Cup Holder Extension —Units can be ordered with a dual cup holder extension that folds out from the bottom of the unit.
- Accessories —The DT340T tablet is complemented by a variety of customized accessories to meet numerous deployment needs, including: vehicle mount cradles, detachable keyboards, docking keyboards, digital pens, foldable table stands, and battery charging kits.