MAG-RAM self-cleaning grate magnets collect ferrous metal fragments without human interaction. The design pneumatically retracts magnet rods, then rotates rods and wipes the magnetic materials to the end and into a collection chamber. The rotation provided by the cleaning equalizes abrasive wear while avoiding material buildup on the magnet rods. Automatic cleaning can take place during production, and before or after production runs. Applications include the extraction of work-hardened stainless steel, wear iron and tramp metal. Units can be sized to suit existing chutes and hoppers and replace existing low strength or inefficient grate magnets.
- Automatic cleaning eliminates risk of bacterial contamination caused by human ingress.
- Allows easy collection of metal extractions for analysis.
- Extremely hygienic, no sleeves for product residual to build up.
- Excellent product stream coverage optimizes separation and efficiency.
- Maintenance is minimal, simple and economical.
- Zero downtime during production.
Powder-Solutions Inc. www.powder-solutions.com