At last month's PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2017, A&D Inspection unveiled the newest addition to the company’s line of metal detectors — the IP69K wash-down capable, in-line metal detection system. The new detector will provide companies with a quality assurance system that ensures safe products for end-customers — efficiently and cost-effectively.
As with other A&D Inspection metal detectors, the IP69K system allows manufacturers to conduct high-sensitivity detection in a wide range of different product applications. In addition, this system was designed to ruggedly hold up in harsh environments, making it ideal for meat and poultry applications.
A&D Inspection will initially offer the IP69K system in two configurations: a stand-alone which can be retrofitted to existing metal detectors conveyors, as well as a complete turn-key solution with integrated conveyor that can provide a full metal detection system for any part of the manufacturing process.
Designed to be rigorously cleaned to the standards required in a meat or poultry plant, the IP69K system features a 304 stainless steel construction and sanitary welds to hold up to critical high water temperatures. In addition, it can be quickly disassembled for frequent cleaning, and its shielded, scratch-resistant touchscreen protects the software components from water damage.
Other key features of the IP69K include:
- A seven-inch touchscreen, with user-friendly interface and auto-setup with product learning
- Password protected with up to four user levels for critical in-line security assurance
- Easily managed product boundaries and rejection functionality
- One-touch log reporting, with easy access to functions, settings and stored logs and a USB data export function
- An LED display communication tower for easy cross-plant validation on system performance
As with its other metal detectors, the IP69K system can also work in tandem with the company’s checkweighing lines through simple digital input and output mapping, which provides users with the ability to easily expand assembly quality controls or implement such components as a rejector, to ensure product compliance and safety with no down-time on assembly lines.
A&D Inspection www.andinspection.com