HMS Industrial Networks has launched the Anybus gateway family to enable a Profibus-DP Master to read and write J1939 network data for control and monitoring tasks. The gateway accomplishes this by simultaneously operating as a Profibus-DP Slave on a Profibus network and as a CAN node on a J1939 network. Data is then exchanged from either network based on a user-defined configuration. Other features of the Anybus family include:
- Support of Profibus-DP Slave functionality with cyclic I/O data transmission, as well as up to 35 incoming J1939 transport protocol sessions.
- The power to handle up to 244 bytes of input and output data.
- The ability to monitor up to 120 different parameter group numbers in the input data point configuration and transmit up to 100 different parameter group numbers in the output data point configuration.
- A free Windows-based configuration tool — BWConfig — that allows you to map J1939 parameter data into the module's input and output tables, which is accessible by the Profibus Master over the Profibus-DP network.
- Suitability in oil and gas production, or on-vehicle applications in which it is used as an interface between the J1939 network and Profibus-based industrial PLCs.