TandD Corporation has introduced the new RTR-500 data logging system, which provides the ability to monitor and download data without the need to physically retrieve the loggers. In addition, warning notifications are available from remote locations via email when parameters are out of norm. The wireless base station connects to a PC through a USB port, and functions as a base station or repeater to expand the range of wireless communications in increments of about 500 ft per unit. Other features include:
- Temperature range of –40° to 80° C.
- Optional external waterproof sensors with a range of –60° to 155° C.
- External sensor which measures both temperature (from 0° to 55° C) and relative humidity (from 10 percent to 95 percent).
- Software that downloads popular formats such as XML or CSV, and pushes data to remote locations via email or to an FTP server.
- Transmission range of up to 500 ft. line of sight.
- Battery life of 1 year standard or 4 years with the optional large battery pack.