Sure Seal has designed its 345 Series butterfly valves to improve flow through the use of one of the thinnest discs and largest valve openings available in the industry, which requires low opening and closing force. The company says that its 345 Series also grants:
- Compatibility with all types of products — from hydrocarbons to oxidizing acids (nitric, sulfuric, etc.) to alkalis and organic/inorganic acids — and at wide temperature ranges — from -50º to 350ºF (-46º to 177ºC).
- Aluminum construction.
- Valve seats available in a range of materials, including FDA-approved and chemical-resistant compounds, such as Viton®, black or white nitrile, EPDM, silicone and EPDM-backed Teflon®.
- 6 sizes — from 2 to 6 inches — that use the same handle, which reduces the amount of needed inventory.
- No hardware on the disc that can come loose and contaminate the product being handled.
- Testing that shows these valves last longer than competitive models in highly abrasive applications, while consistently maintaining their low opening and closing torque.
- A lightweight profile that doesn’t sacrifice component strength.
- Industry standard dimensions and bolt patterns.
- Suitability for use in rugged environmental conditions and with various types of loads.