NewAge Industries now offers 8 ways to customize tubing for flexible and semi-rigid materials, such as PVC, polyurethane, nylon, fluoropolymer, thermoplastic rubber, and other thermoplastic and thermoset compounds. According to the company, these products, which are made to a buyer’s specifications, offer improved ingredient compatibility, lower procurement and inventory carrying expenses, a refined appearance, and reduced assembly time and labor costs. Tubing customization methods include:
- Custom extrusions in which additives are blended with raw materials for improved performance characteristics, such as low-temperature flexibility, improved elasticity and anti-static properties. Special colors can also be incorporated.
- Hot Bond® thermal bonding for a neat, contained ribbon of tubing without the use of damaging adhesives or cable ties.
- Heat-formed shapes that eliminate problems, such as kinking and proper fitting attachment.
- Coiling to give traditionally straight or semi-rigid tubing easy movement and retraction.
- Fabrication, such as printing, striping, repetitive cutting, slitting and hole punching.
- Overbraiding and jacketing for heat and friction protection, plus added pressure capabilities.
- Hose assemblies to reduce on-site inventories and labor.
- Dip molding for consistent interior dimensions, even flow, and the elimination of fittings and clamps.