Union Process, Inc., a manufacturer of particle size reduction and dispersing equipment as well as related services for a broad range of research and industrial applications, has manufactured a large production S-400 Attritor for a unique green manufacturing initiative. According to the company:
- By working closely with Union Process, a special large Attritor was designed that allows the customer to wet-grind the waste material in the Attritor so that it can be recycled and used in producing new product in their manufacturing process.
- This particular process also required that the Attritor operate at elevated temperatures.
- To accomplish this, Union Process built a special abrasion-resistant steel tank featuring external clamp-on heating plates ASME-rated for 150 PSI @ 400º F.
- The approximate working capacity of the S-400 is 300 gallons of slurry.
- The large tank of the S-400 accommodates 12,000 lbs. of through-hardened carbon steel grinding media.