Acuren Group Inc. (AGI) and Creaform have entered into a commercial and technical partnership agreement covering the deployment of the Pipecheck inspection solution in North America for external corrosion and mechanical damage on pipelines and in facilities. According to the companies:
- In response to strong demand, Acuren has just taken delivery of 20 Pipecheck systems and had their technicians trained by Creaform.
- The systems are being deployed across Canada and the U.S. to support the needs of their clients.
- The agreement was finalized on December 2012 and provides for the deployment of Pipecheck in Acuren field operations on pipelines and refineries, and for the development of innovative applications in the field of optical 3D measurement for non-destructive testing (NDT), mainly applied to the energy industry.
- Creaform launched the Pipecheck inspection solution for pipeline integrity assessment to address the market needs for fast decision making based on repeatable and reliable results.
- The Pipecheck solution is based on the proven Handyscan 3D laser scanning technology launched in 2005.
- 3D laser scanning combined with a dynamic referencing system represents the most efficient way to obtain high accuracy on large areas in field environments.