Emerson Process Management has released version 13 of the DeltaV distributed control system (DCS) to deliver greater efficiency and performance for process control applications. New features focus on integration, advanced alarm management, and security with an overarching design that improves ease of use and minimizes the need for specialized expertise. DeltaV v13 delivers:
- An Ethernet I/O card (EIOC) for added flexibility and capacity for integrating Ethernet-based subsystems and devices, including a direct interface with smart motor control centers and substations. Also, new technologies improve the factory acceptance testing (FAT) experience by providing enhanced safety instrumented system simulation capabilities and easy-to-use virtualization environment.
- With v13, the new native support for discrete outputs over wireless provides opportunities to reduce project wiring and associated costs through wireless devices. Additionally, template-based FOUNDATION™ fieldbus device configuration improves commissioning by eliminating steps and decreasing errors. New function blocks and redundant, high-density I/O provide opportunities for even greater footprint savings and project efficiencies.
- The new DeltaV Alarm Mosaic has an intuitive alarm display that enables operators to more quickly identify, analyze and respond correctly to the root cause of an abnormal process condition.
- Improvements in alarm-related information and alarm audit tools offer a better understanding of the plant’s current state.
- The new DeltaV release also provides trend display optimizations for better visibility of process changes which also improves operator efficiency.
- Complies with national and international security standards.