The SKG Series pumps can easily shred items previous considered very difficult or near impossible to pump. The robust construction and newly designed Dual Shredding System offer solids handling technology never before available for 2, 3 & 5 HP submersible pumps. The SKG Series pumps can shred a wide variety of municipal and industrial wastewater solids. Flushable wipes—currently a multi-million dollar problem in the U.S.—may now be effectively handled through the innovative design of the SKG pump. Top features include:
- A Dual Shredding Patent Pending System featuring radial and axialshredding elements.
- All shredding elements constructed of hardened 440C Stainless Steel with a Rockwell hardness of 55C plus.
- Shredding System efficiency to alleviate potentially high surge load to the motor.
- Efficient, high solids passage impeller and volute design, coupled to a high torque 4-pole motor. (2, 3, & 5 HP)
- Oil-lubricated Double Mechanical Seals and separate lip seal.
- Heavy Duty SOOW power and Seal Minder® cable for early warning moisture detection.
The hardened impeller and plate materials provide maximum wear resistance for long service life. Hardened cast iron construction stands up to rough handling and pumping gritty water.
Winding protection and (NEMA) Class F motor insulation allow motor temperatures to rise 239°F, superior to pumps with Class A and B insulation. An automatic thermal switch turns the pump motor off if the temperature and/or amp draw rises too high. When the motor cools the switch will automatically reset and the pump will turn back on.
Learn more at www.bjmpumps.com.