Pulsar Process Measurement launches Flow Pulse as a compact and cost-effective pipe flow monitor that promises repeatability, accuracy and simple installation without downtime. According to the company, Flow Pulse is:
- Perfect for monitoring flow rate in fluid distribution systems, for pump efficiency checks, in process plant or sewage pumping stations.
- Easy to install — no need to break into a pipe, or to get engineering involved, just clamp a small sensor to the outside of a pipe and immediately get a reliable, repeatable flow measurement.
- Characterized by a novel spread spectrum analysis technique and digital signal processing approach for exceptional repeatability.
- Able to operate in a flow range from as little as 0.3m/s through to 4m/s, with a minimum particle size of 100µ and concentration of 200ppm or above (the equivalent of hard water).
- Capable of handling pipe made from rigid plastic, stainless steel, mild steel or cast iron (corrugated pipe is not an issue and even light corrosion will give a good result).
- Able to provide repeatability and accuracy of around ±5 percent.