Rockwell Automation’s FactoryTalk VantagePoint Energy bundle, FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix software, and Allen-Bradley IntelliCENTER Energy software tools help plant and operations managers view resource consumption in relation to specific units, lines and machines, so they can make more informed energy decisions. According to the company, these solutions are characterized by:
FactoryTalk VantagePoint Energy Bundle
- Includes FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI software plus energy-specific models, charts, trends, dashboards and analysis tools.
- Provides access to more energy data.
- For current users, an energy add-on can be purchased separately.
- With this application, users can aggregate metered energy-consumption data with production assets throughout the organization to start monitoring energy utilization.
FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix Software
- Collects, records and stores energy data from power meters.
- Can also capture information on energy usage, flow, temperature and pressure from controllers, third-party devices or manual entries.
- Users can set parameters that create alarms, and send human-machine interface and email alerts when energy-usage levels reach a user-specified level.
- It trends historical data dynamically or within custom reports and charts.
IntelliCENTER Energy Software
- Offers a preconfigured setup of FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix software for intelligent motor control devices in the motor control center, including variable speed drives, overload relays and
- SMC controllers.
- Users can view real-time energy consumption and historical trending at the device level.
- Make it easier to monitor and manage energy usage in the industrial facility for substantial cost savings, and allows for easy integration of motor control centers into plantwide energy management systems.