Rockwell Automation has released two new features in Allen-Bradley IntelliCENTER software — IntelliCENTER Integration Assistant and IntelliCENTER Energy — to accelerate the configuration time and enhance end users’ data-driven energy decisions. According to the company, each addition offers:
IntelliCENTER Integration Assistant
- Users can seamlessly integrate their IntelliCENTER Motor Control Centers (MCCs) into their RSLogix 5000 programming software, reducing programming time.
- Takes advantage of existing premier integration features to automatically create controller tags and IP address configuration in RSLogix 5000 software, reducing errors and the time it takes to configure the intelligent devices.
- Enables faster installation and commissioning time, providing real-time, device-level information and higher productivity.
- Offers a pre-configured setup of FactoryTalk EnergyMetrix software for intelligent motor control devices in the MCC, including variable speed drives, overload relays and SMCs.
- Users can view energy consumption at the device level directly from software.
- Makes it easier to monitor and manage energy usage in the industrial facility for cost savings, and allows for easy integration of IntelliCENTER MCCs into plantwide energy-management systems.
- Gives users the information necessary to make fact-based decisions to help them optimize energy usage, improve equipment performance, and even predict equipment failure.