Metso recently unveiled its RapidDraw3D automated valve assembly model generator to quickly create realistic, to-scale 3D valve assemblies and export them to any CAD program for use in plant piping diagrams. According to the company, this free model generator further grants:
- Ease of use — simply choose the desired Metso valve and actuator, then RapidDraw3D automatically displays the linkage available for that combination, allowing the user to specify the orientation of the actuator and pick accessories, such as positioners, solenoids, etc.
- The capability to select the appropriate file output based on the user's CAD program (PDF, AutoCAD, SolidWorks 2D, SolidWorks 3D, DXF, STEP, IGES, Parasolids, etc.)
- The generation of a realistic 3D rendering that can be downloaded from the Internet for import into the chosen CAD program.
- 3D files that can stay on the RapidDraw3D server for 90 days, so they can be modified and retrieved easily.
- The ability to answer important questions, such as which components, what's the scale, and where are the electric, air or pneumatic connections?