JM Science Inc.’s AQUACOUNTER EV-2000L utilizes azeotropic distillation and completely separates water from sample matrices, thus eliminating any side reactions with interfering substances. According to the company:
- The oil evaporator is especially useful for determining moisture in difficult samples such as heavy oils, grease, peanut butter, etc.
- The CE approved model can be used with the AQUACOUNTER Karl Fischer titrators, or any other manufacturer’s titrators.
- The heating range is from ambient temperature to 200°C.
- Carrier gas is N2 gas or dry air and flow is 30 to 300 milliliters per minute with inlet pressure at 0.8 MPa or less.
- The desiccant used is a molecular sieve and the unit has an aluminum block heater.
- Sample volume is approximately 10 milliliters or less.
- Height and weight is 220 (W) by 340 (D) by 265 (H) millimeters and about 7 kilograms.
- A wide variety of sampling devices are also available.