X-Rite Inc.’s RM200QC handheld spectrocolorimeter gives companies an inexpensive yet powerful way to record and communicate color differences to speed introduction of new products and reduce instances of scrap. According to the company, this solution is also characterized by:
- It simplifies how textile, coatings, chemicals, plastic molding and other industries can compare the colors of lab samples or parts in production with reference standards, then create reports that can be shared with supply chain partners.
- It offers advanced features that identify color differences between samples and standards, opacity and grayscale assessment.
- It is inexpensive enough for companies to purchase multiple units that can be stationed at individual machines or at critical steps in a workflow.
- If features proprietary camera technology that illuminates the surface being measured from three different directions while simultaneously recording 27 color-accurate images in 1.8 seconds.
- Operators can select between 4 and 8 millimeters apertures and preview the sample area on the instrument's full-color display.
- The memory holds 20 standards and up to 350 measurements automatically stamped with time and date and saved as PDF and CSV files that can be downloaded easily via USB cable.