The new SALD-2300 laser-diffraction particle-size analyzer from Shimadzu Scientific Instruments measures wet or dry materials to ensure outstanding product quality. According to the company, the SALD-2300 offers:
- Continuous measurement in real time, at minimum 1-second intervals.
- A measurement range that spans particle sizes from 17 nm to 2,500 ?m, and users can select various sample amounts depending on measurement objectives.
- The Wing Sensor II achieves high-resolution particle detection with its 78 concentric detector elements; one sensor detects side-scattered light, and five other sensors are used for back-scattered light.
- It comes equipped with WingSALD II software, which is the world’s first software to automatically calculate an appropriate refractive index based on the light intensity distribution reproduction method.
- Its measurement assist function reduces operation errors by allowing users to prepare standard operating procedures to ensure measurements are always performed using the same conditions and procedures.
- The system uses an omnidirectional shock absorption frame (OSAF) to improve instrument stability and provide high-reproducibility.
- A powerful self-diagnostic function that checks output signals from each sensor and detection element, as well as the system’s functional status.