Beckhoff Automation has introduced the new AM8800 stainless steel servo motor series, which can be used in extremely harsh or corrosive environments and is particularly suitable for use in the food, chemical or pharmaceutical industries. According to the company, the servo motors are additionally characterized by:
- All motors need only one motor cable instead of the usual two.
- The otherwise necessary feedback cable is eliminated, since the encoder information is transmitted digitally via two cores of the motor cable.
- The single-cable feedback technology leads to a clear material savings and reduces installation and engineering expenditures.
- All-stainless-steel housing in AISI 316L, which was designed according to FDA guidelines, and a stainless steel motor shaft.
- The series encompasses three sizes, each with three overall lengths.
- In designing the motor, corners and edges were avoided; similarly, drill holes and screwed connections were largely dispensed with in order to prevent the accumulation of dirt.
- Power losses have been kept low because of the optimum connection of the stators to the housing. The servomotors are equipped with a sensor for temperature monitoring, which passes the data on to the drive via the single cable.
- The stainless steel housing is extremely robust and resistant to scratches and mechanical damage.
- Equipped with IP 67 protection, optionally also in IP 69K rating, the motors are even suitable for cleaning with high-pressure cleaners.