VICI Metronics has developed its Dynacal® permeation tubes to contain a pure chemical compound in a 2-phase equilibrium between its gas phase, and its liquid or solid phase. Furthermore, according to the company, these small, inert capsules deliver:
- The emission of the compound through its permeable portion at a constant rate and temperature.
- Accurate, stable concentrations that range from PPB to high PPM.
- The establishment of a reference point for the verification of an analysis.
- Easy installation — simply insert the device into a carrier flow to generate test atmospheres.
- The convenience of certifying permeation tube rates by using standards traceable to NIST by the most basic and accurate laboratory procedure — measuring the gravimetric weight loss over a known period of time at a known temperature.
- Suitability for calibrating gas analyzer systems, testing hazardous gas alarms, or conducting long-term studies of effects on materials or biological systems — in short, any situation requiring a stable concentration of a specific trace chemical.
- Gas chromatography calibration applications that include laboratories, environmental, semiconductor, petrochemical, and food and beverage.