OMEGA Engineering introduces its FFB-8 Series precision fluidized bath with a wide operating range of 50° to 700°C (122° or 1,292°F), PID temperature control, and a built-in dust extraction and collection system. The company says that the FFB-8 also offers:
- The principle of fluidization of a mass of finely divided particles to provide a safe, essentially isothermal environment with a high rate of heat transfer.
- A design that is non-abrasive to any devices or parts put into the bath, including those that are highly polished.
- A safer and cleaner alternative to conventional liquid systems and volatile salt baths.
- Increased efficiency with a fast recovery time after the bath is quenched.
- Suitability for many applications, including thermal testing of sensitive components, such as semiconductor devices, wire products, delicate transducers and more, plus the flexibility to be used as a constant-temperature environment for chemical reactions.
- CE compliance.