Alstom introduces its Raymond® ultra-fine mill as capable of outputting materials 5 times finer than existing mill systems, and consuming up to 50 percent less energy than competing mill technologies. The company believes that this air-swept vertical ring mill additionally provides:
- A shaft that rotates convex rolls inside concave grinding rings to reduce materials to high degrees of fineness in a multi-stage process.
- The production of fine powders used in fillers, coatings and pigments.
- The capacity to deliver products as fine as 50 percent passing 2 microns, or as coarse as 50 percent passing 10 microns.
- Air flowing within the mill, which carries ground material through the classification process to achieve the desired fineness.
- Versatile grinding elements that can be adapted to meet product size specifications.
- Highly accurate fineness separation, as well as a low classifier speed.
- The inclusion of an independent mill speed reducer and noise reduction technology, in addition to the product collector and system control modules.
- A compact design.