W. L. Gore & Associates has introduced the world’s first 20 nm-rated polytetraflouroethylene (PTFE) filter that is available in a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) cartridge. According to the company, the filters:
- Are part of a new family of PTFE membrane/HDPE filters optimized for the bulk processing of high-purity chemicals used in the fabrication of semiconductors and flat panel displays (FPDs), where optimum purity is critical.
- Feature the company’s latest advance in PTFE membrane technology to provide the highest particle retention possible while maintaining process capacity.
- Are now available in three retention ratings — 0.1 µm, 30 nm and 20 nm.
- Provide a significantly increased open porous area available for fluid flow, and the structural characteristics of the membrane provide a high level of retention.
- Enable a drop-in retention upgrade without any sacrifice to existing system flow.
- Maintain the high flow rate of a comparable best-in-class competitive 0.05 µm-rated PTFE membrane filter.
- Are available as samples in 0.1 µm, 30 nm and 20 nm retention ratings.