Hach Co. recently released its FH950 portable velocity flowmeter to simplify the velocity measurement process for stream discharge measurements, primary device calibration and sewer spot-check measurements. According to the company, this flowmeter comes with:
- The ability to log velocity and entered depth information within the meter, cutting field time in half.
- Real-time discharge calculations.
- Convenient downloading of collected flow data to a computer via a USB connection, eliminating post-site manual data transfer and calculations.
- An electromagnetic sensor that can be disconnected from the meter, has no moving parts, and never requires mechanical maintenance or calibration.
- Step-by-step instructions to guide you through the flow profiling process.
- The flexibility to directly replace USGS-type mechanical meters.