The BIG BLASTER® CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE air cannon system from Martin Engineering is a multi-valve air cannon solution that provides up to five application points utilizing a single 60-gallon reservoir. According to the company, the air cannon system:
- Protects components and workers from hazardous environments and improves flow efficiency, delivering unsurpassed flexibility and durability.
- Features five independent valves that are housed within a single tank — if one valve requires service, the multiple-valve air cannon system continues to function in nearly all cases, improving reliability.
- Includes working components that are centrally located, away from the point of application, providing shelter from exposure to high-temperature environments and process dust.
- Features a single, remotely-located reservoir tank that also eliminates the need to hang numerous, heavy individual tanks on vessel walls.
- Has an operating range of 40-150 psi, and the output force and duration range are adjustable through the integration of urethane bumpers to fine-tune the length of the piston stroke and reduce or increase the force of the air blast.
- Is suitable for use wherever traditional single valve/tank assemblies are installed, and offers many advantages over the use of multiple individual air cannons, particularly in challenging applications.
- Works by having blasts delivered from the tank to the application point via hard pipe in standard applications, to reduce line loss.
- Is offered with flexible hose that is available in maximum 36-inch sections, and valves that are available in both imperial and metric measurements, with tanks manufactured to local code.
- Features the company’s HURRICANE (positive-pressure firing) and TYPHOON (negative-pressure firing) valves, which improve responsiveness and virtually eliminate the possibility of misfiring — the internal/basket valve design of the HURRICANE improves air-use efficiency and increases force output.