Rig-A-Lite recently launched its SXPJ Series hazardous and severe environment lighting fixtures with a copper-free cast aluminum housing that is suitable for use in offshore rigs, land-drilling rigs, oil and gas production, refineries, chemical plants, pharmaceutical plants, industrial manufacturing, wastewater treatment plants and other areas in which hazardous gases, dusts and fibers are present. According to the company, its other features include:
- Availability of a 100-watt LED, up to a 175-watt metal halide or high-pressure sodium light, or up to an 84-watt compact fluorescent lamp in multiple wattages.
- A heat- and impact-resistant prismatic glass globe.
- A wireless electro-mechanical connection that allows for quick, safe installation and maintenance.
- External stainless steel hardware.
- Compliance with Class I, Div. 1, Groups C and D; Class I, Zone 1, Groups IIA and IIB; Class II, Div. 1, Groups E, F and G (except trunnion mount); UL 844, 1598, 1598A and 8750; NEMA Type 4X, IP66; and IESNA LM79 and LM80 standards (LED version only).
- A rating for marine and heavy hose-down environments where salt spray and corrosive chemicals may be a factor, in addition to factory sealing.
- Simplified replacement of the company’s SXP Series luminaries with more energy-efficient SXPJ LED luminaries.