Charles Ross & Son has incorporated its patented Delta rotor/stator assembly into the Ross PreMax ultra-high shear mixer to produce a double vortex that draws batch material from both the top and bottom of the mix chamber, accelerating dispersion and producing rapid turnover rates. According to the company, the PreMax additionally provides:
- The speed to finish viscous emulsions up to 6 times faster than ordinary high-shear mixers, based on side-by-side tests.
- Improved particle size reduction when compared to other batch-style mixers, including high-speed dispersers, traditional rotor/stator mixers and immersion mills.
- A maximum tip speed of 5,000 FPM.
- The ability to handle viscosities up to 50,000 cP.
- Availability for laboratory batches as small as 1 to 2 gallons and production vessels up to 1,000 gallons or larger.
- Accommodations for pigment dispersions, ceramic slurries, electronic inks, specialty coatings, polymer suspensions, gum solutions, etc.