Abanaki Corp’s DNAPL groundwater remediation system is designed to remove high viscosity oils such as creosote from groundwater. These systems are used to remove oil contamination from existing monitoring wells and are additionally characterized by:
- Stabilizer bars are installed on the belt oil skimmer to maintain close proximity to the bottom of the well for maximum remediation of the product.
- The system is capable of removing 12 gph of oil and can be installed in well casings with a 2-inch inside diameter or greater.
- Wiper blades in the system scrape oil from the belt and waste oil, which then flows out into a transfer tank where a pump activated by float switches sends the oil to a customer-provided waste oil vessel.
- A timer allows the skimmer to be run at the refresh rates of the well for optimum results.
- Poly belt material is utilized in these applications because of its durability and affinity to DNAPLs.
- The system can also be adapted using other skimmers in Abanaki's range for applications in ponds, trenches, and wastewater pits.
- Systems require very little maintenance, are easy to install, and have low energy costs.