The Enerpac QuickFace portable hand-powered flange facing tool is a solution to the potential safety, maintenance and leakage problems that come with refacing smaller diameter pipe flanges. According to the company, the tool:
- Turns a two man operation — with heavy equipment, compressors and portable generators — into a one-man job.
- Is suitable for a wide range of processing and pipeline-intensive industries.
- Has a wide mounting range of 25.4 mm (1 inch) to 157.5 mm (6 inch) ID and is capable of facing 25.4 mm (1-inch) to 304.8 mm (12-inch) OD flanges using standard half-inch cutting tools.
- Can be paired with different lead screws, making it suitable for resurfacing damaged raised-face or lens-ring joint flanges to high safety standards.
- Offers accuracy and performance.
- Centers itself with adjustable locators to provide truly concentric operation.
- Has a worm-gear mechanism (used to rotate the arm by hand) to provide a perfect spiral “gramophone” finish around the flange.
- Can be adjusted with a calibrated slide to define cut depth and the correct finish.