Bionomic Industries introduces its ScrubSeal vacuum overflow valve as an innovative overflow and vacuum seal solution to replace troublesome manometer liquid seal legs on scrubber and vessel sumps. Designed to eliminate unreliable, cumbersome manometer piping and the worry of maintaining a liquid-filled line, according to the company, the ScrubSeal further boasts:
- The ability to act as a check valve, allowing drainage of scrubber sump liquid through the overflow line, while maintaining required vessel vacuum during normal non-flow conditions.
- The power to prevent the unrestricted siphon rise of liquid within the vessel, a situation that can cause structural damage from excessive hydrostatic pressure, resulting in potential costly damage to downstream equipment or product contamination due to scrubbing liquid passing through the horizontal gas inlet.
- Sizes that range from 3/4 to 4 inches to meet a broad range of overflow rates from fractional to more than 500 gallons per minute.
- Corrosion-resistant polypropylene or chlorinated polyvinyl chloride valve bodies, depending upon the valve size.
- Durable, yet flexible EPDM internal elements to withstand many cycles of use.
- Ease of installation — in either vertical or horizontal pipes.