Spiroflow Systems and TransPAC have jointly developed a containerized dosing system in which the solids additive handling system, the dosing ejector system and all controls, including the safety and alarm systems, are housed in a 20-foot ISO (Intermodel) container. According to these companies, the new “Dosing System in a Box” further delivers:
- A bulk bag unloader and flexible screw conveyor to transfer additives, such as hydrated lime or powdered activated carbon, to the TransPAC ejector.
- Introduction of the transfer additives into the water flow via the TransPAC ejector.
- A significant reduction in the cost of water or waste treatment in situations in which a building would otherwise have to be erected.
- The flexibility and mobility, which allows transfer to any location at short notice, to deal with a seasonable or emergency situation.
- The restricted height of an ISO container that is usually only 8 feet (H).