The new Second Sight TC remote gas detection system from General Monitors uses high-resolution infrared imaging to add another layer of safety to the detection of combustible and toxic gases in petrochemical production, refining, storage, and distribution operations. Features include:
- The ability to detect up to four different gases simultaneously.
- A wide field of view (30° standard) and a maximum detection range of 2 km for continuous monitoring.
- The option of integrating into fire and gas panels through Ethernet and Modbus TCP/IP.
- A human machine interface (HMI) that permits operators to see target gases in real time as they are detected by the IR camera.
- A video image displays overlaid levels of gas concentrations to provide a unique picture of gas dispersal.
- The option of deselecting areas within the imager’s field of view that are not of interest or may contain potential sources of false alarm.
- A low maintenance system that doesn’t require gas calibration in the field and automatically performs an optical check every 30 minutes.
- A video recorder function that allows operators to play back alarm events and record current detection.