JM Science presents its Systech hydrocarbon trap to reduce hydrocarbon to trace levels for mass spectroscopy applications. The company says that liquid chromatography/mass spectroscopy (LC/MS) instrumentation has become sensitive — with increased resolution and processing speed — thus it is imperative to remove background hydrocarbons for very low trace determinations of less than 15 PPB. Based on activated carbon, the hydrocarbon-trapping device further offers:
- Selection from 20 or 40 L/minute flow rates.
- Improved signal to noise and minimal pressure loss.
- A 300-PSI pressure limit (2.07 MPa) and 572°F (100°C) temperature limit.
- The flexibility to be connected between a nitrogen gas generator and the LC/MS.
- 1/4-inch and 6-mm fittings for use with most MS?systems.