Lightweight and compact, the new Swagelok® compact gauge valve provides quick, convenient access for the isolation and venting of pressure gauges. According to the company, the valve further boasts:
- The elimination of threaded connections and leak points as a result of the ability to be positioned with tube adapter ends.
- 1/2-inch or 12-mm Swagelok tube fitting end connections for leak-tight performance, reduced installation time and cost, plus robust tube grip and vibration resistance.
- A purge valve (which is machined directly onto the body, eliminating potential leak points while allowing the user to safely release the fluid before removing the gauge) for easy bleeding of trapped fluid pressure between the valve seat and gauge upon shutoff.
- A permanently assembled purge cap crimped to the valve body for operator safety and the prevention of accidental disassembly.
- Operating temperatures up to 450°F (232°C) depending on the stem and packing, plus pressures up to 4,000 PSIG (275 BAR).
- 316 stainless steel construction, in addition to the availability of a soft-seat stem with a PCTFE stem tip, and the ability to choose from UHMWPE, PFA or PEEK packing.
- The reduction of the need for supports, which place additional stress on a system.
- Compatibility with Swagelok pressure gauges.