ProSoft Technology recently released the ProSoft i-View mobile phone application to transform iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices into mobile human machine interfaces, enabling real-time remote process control for engineers, plant floor operators and maintenance technicians. According to the company, its ProSoft i-View additionally provides:
- The ability to remotely monitor and modify live data from programmable automation controllers on an EtherNet/IP or Modbus TCP/IP network, including flow measurements, valve control, process data and status data.
- Display of live process control values in stylized lists and user-established variance allowances with real-time alarms, including local notifications.
- A secure cellular or 802.11 interface between the iPhone/iPad/iPod touch devices and the control system.
- WiFi functionality, which can be used in conjunction with ProSoft Technology 802.11 Industrial HotspotTM solutions.
- The assignment of a matching security code as both a password for network access and as a security tag in the central processing unit.
- Support of the retina display of the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4th generation.
- The flexibility to work in conjunction with the Industrial Hotspot series of radios or industrial cellular series.
- Cumulative security features, such as WPA2-PSK and 802.11i RADIUS, to prevent unauthorized access and modification to the network.