The new Ultra-Sanitary Mini Centri-Sifter™ centrifugal sifter from Kason Corp. screens small batches of pharmaceutical powders and other contamination-sensitive products. Features include:
- The acceleration of particles by rotating helical paddles, continuously propelling them against the cylindrical screen and through screen apertures as material is gravity-fed into the unit.
- The discharge of on-size material through the first of 2 outlets into a storage vessel or processing equipment.
- The paddle assembly (which does not contact the screen) that also serves to break up agglomerated materials.
- The exit of oversized particles, which are unable to pass through the apertures, through the end of the screen cylinder, thus falling through a second outlet for discarding or re-processing.
- The ability to be disassembled rapidly — in less than 3 minutes, the unit's cylindrical screen/spout and feed screw/paddle assembly can be removed with 3 hand knobs, and the screening chamber with 1 bolt, providing access to sanitize all material contact surfaces.
- The flexibility to be sanitized manually or in an autoclave.
- Woven nylon, monofilament, wire mesh stainless steel, perforated plate or stainless steel wedge wire cylindrical screens.
- Stainless steel construction with continuous welds ground and polished to FDA, as well as 3A, BISSC and other sanitary standards.