According to Q Labtech, its recently launched Q-Tube™ is a safe pressure reactor boasting:
- A pressure-release and reseal system that prevents accidental explosions due to over-pressurization.
- An energy savings of 92 percent (energy reduction) and 150 gallons of water per refluxed reaction.
- Accommodations for higher yields, cleaner products and faster reactions.
- Increased safety when compared to microwave energy as it can cause localized overheating, which accelerates decomposition reactions.
- A 200-PSI working pressure.
- Higher reproducibility, in addition to higher and cleaner product yields than a microwave.
- Purging systems that can be operated safely and accurately with a wide range of gases, including ammonia, nitrogen, argon, hydrogen, deuterium, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and more.
- A virtually maintenance-free design.
- Suitability for a diverse number of applications, such as organic and inorganic synthesis, catalytic hydrogenation, polymerization, high-pressure and high-temperature hydrolysis, green chemistry, acid digestion for trace metal analysis and other chemical processes.