ARi Industries recently released its AerOpak mineral-insulated thermocouple cable in an expanded assortment of sizes and sheath materials. Offered as thermocouple and conductor cable, AerOpak products comprise thermocouple or conductor wires insulated with compacted ceramic powder, drawn and encased in a seamless metallic sheath material. Intended for harsh, corrosive or otherwise hazardous environments, this cable also provides:
- Consistent signal integrity over the longest of applications.
- Accommodations for up to 10-wire configurations.
- Selection from various stainless steel, Hastelloy and Inconel sheath materials.
- Sizes ranging from 0.020 to 0.750 inches (outer dia.).
- Operating temperatures up to metal melt points of 2,600ºF.
- Cable lengths available up to more than 1,000 feet.
- Availability of K, E, J, T, N, R, S and B types.
- The ability to be welded, brazed or soldered in the field, relative to the application and techniques used.
- Calibration tolerances that meet all applicable ASTM, IEC and ANSI standards.