Spectronics Corporation has developed a micro discharge light (MDL) ultraviolet lamp that enables plant maintenance technicians to quickly and accurately identify even the tiniest refrigerant and industrial fluid leaks. The MAXIMA™ ML-3500 series:
- Deliver up to 10 times the UV-A output of conventional high intensity discharge (HID) lamps.
- Can be used with fluorescent dyes to detect leaks in lubrication (gasoline/diesel), fuel (gasoline/diesel), ATF, power steering, coolant, hydraulic and air conditioning/refrigeration systems.
- Has an inspection range of up to 30 feet and functions efficiently even in direct sunlight.
- Is available in 120V, 230V, 240V and 100V versions.
- Can be ordered as a battery-operated unit, which includes a 12-volt, 7-amp/hr rechargeable battery that will operate the lamp for 2 full hours.