Pig Detectors used for cleaning pipeline systems are now available from Process Pigging Systems. Features of the detectors include:
- A non-intrusive magnetic sensor and no mechanical parts.
- Compatibility with all pigging systems that utilize a magnetic field to locate the pig in the pipeline.
- Detectable at high speed or stationary when used with the bi-directional PPS Pigs.
- Highly visible indicators that show green for power on, red for pig detected and amber when the output volt-free contacts are energized, providing “at a glance” status updates.
- 12–24 V DC power.
- A configurable stretched output pulse to compensate for the PLC scan time lag.
- Internal range and span calibration to maximize efficiency.
- The ability to reduce water consumption by up to 50 percent and CIP chemical consumption by up to 30 percent.