A new range of lightweight Grundfos booster modules makes its U.S. debut at the American Water Works Association’s 2014 Conference and Exposition in Boston June 8 to 12. The new BMS is ideal for high flow and pressure applications in industrial and waste water systems. The product design focuses on simplicity by removing maintenance-heavy components and facilitating easy access to all vital parts.
The BMS booster module is designed for reverse osmosis, filtration and ultrafiltration, pressure boosting, and water supply for industrial and municipal waste treatment systems. Its new design carries several features:
- Direct spline coupling, which eliminates regular maintenance of the V-belt drive and oil system
- All critical components are super duplex stainless steel suitable for use in seawater and brackish water applications
- The shaft seal is made from carbon/silicon carbide, especially designed for high pressure
- The thrust bearing material is made of ceramic and carbon
- Pump bearings and seal rings are made of nitrile rubber
- A built-in thrust bearing absorbs the axial thrust from the pump