Eriez' new line of SafeHold® permanent lifting magnets can lift and transfer steel and iron without slings, hooks or cables. Available in several models to meet specific application demands, SafeHold magnets aim to require fewer operators with lifting capacities of up to 10,000 pounds. In addition to advanced safety considerations, this line does not require electricity, so power failures will never interrupt operation. The line includes:
- The SafeHold APL for more efficient handling of steel where access is limited. The APL series turns off and on automatically with the up and down movement of a crane or hoist to provide continuous operation.
- The SafeHold EPL is designed for machine shop use in carrying semi-finished products such as machine parts, press molds and steel plates.
- The SafeHold MPL magnets can handle both round and flat materials. They offer all the benefits of permanent lift magnets with the added feature of a motorized actuator.
- The SafeHold RPL has a two-pole design and provides optimum lifting power. It can be used to handle both round and flat materials quickly and easily.
- The SafeHold XPL magnets are constructed with Erium 3000®
Rare Earth magnet material in enabling an operator to lift both flat and
round materials. The XPL magnets are ideal for many machine-shop uses, including
the loading and unloading of a machining center.