Radio Frequency introduces the new Macrowave radio frequency drying system. It provides greater efficiency than conventional web dryers and enables the high-speed drying of water-based patterned glue and coatings at line speeds previously reached only with solvent based coatings. Key features include:
- Patterned coating applications that selectively heats only the coated portions on the web, leaving the bound moisture in the substrate intact, preventing over-drying, discoloration, distortion, and shrinkage.
- Operates at web speeds up to 1500 FPM.
- Needs one-fifth to one-third of the floor space required for hot air and IR dryers.
- Permits lower web temperatures.
- Provides up to 50% energy savings.
- Reduces make-ready time because energy is only consumed in proportion to the load in the system.
For more information, visit www.radiofrequency.com.