KERN Precision, Inc. (Webster, Mass.) has announced the availability of the KERN Micro, a compact 5-axis vertical machining center. The company says this machine is ideal for applications with ultra-precision requirements and a wide range of production needs, from nanoscale to large pieces up to 350mm in diameter and 220mm in height. Additional features include:
- A small footprint that allows it to fit on an already-busy plant floor.
- Precise machining with accuracy down to ±0.5 microns, with achievable part accuracy down to ±2 microns, and high repeatability.
- A tool cabinet with quick-change pallet for more than 200 tools.
- A workpiece palletization system using a System 3R Macro Magnum or Erowa Power automatic check as a pallet receiver.
- An automation laser tool measuring system, a workpiece probing system and an advanced temperature control system.
To get more information, visit www.kernprecision.com.