Dallas, Feb. 28, 2012 — Businesses and organizations are increasingly turning to AT&T* to help them transform into real-time, adaptive enterprises, in which people, processes and assets are always connected. In addition, organizations want greater efficiency for their sales, service and supply chain operations through global location and messaging technology.
AT&T Location Information Services Go Global
AT&T will now offer enhanced global location options for mobile asset management as part of its suite of Location Information Services (LIS). AT&T LIS includes a set of application programming interfaces (APIs) for requesting location information from the network.
The newest AT&T LIS feature, Global Cell-ID, can help optimize routes or schedules in real-time based on cell-ID information from devices in more than 100 countries, even without GPS.
- This highly-reliable service can help to improve operational efficiencies, increase customer satisfaction and control costs for global businesses in industries such as field service, fleet management, transportation and manufacturing.
- AT&T LIS Global Cell-ID will make application development easier by giving developers access to cost-effective APIs, rather than having each developer build and maintain their own location databases for managing machine-to-machine solutions.
AT&T LIS is designed with subscriber privacy in mind, including requirements for providing clear notice and obtaining appropriate consents for the collection and use of location information.
AT&T Business-Focused Messaging and Location Services Momentum
AT&T is experiencing strong customer demand with its business-focused messaging and location services - Enterprise Paging, Global Smart Messaging Suite and Location Information Services. These solutions provide an affordable way for businesses to communicate with employees, customers and vendors, create richer application experiences and increase visibility into field operations.
- AT&T Enterprise Paging, a group messaging and notification solution nearly tripled its number of customers.
- AT&T experienced year over year growth of 1,500 percent for AT&T Global Smart Messaging Suite, a web-based application designed for large enterprise messaging and communication (SMS and e-mail).
- AT&T has seen rapid growth in AT&T LIS transaction volume and the customer base since its introduction.
“Global enterprises seek scalable, managed location and messaging solutions that can increase visibility into field operations,” said Chris Hill, Vice President, Advanced Mobility Solutions, AT&T Business and Home Solutions. “AT&T LIS extends the API platform for enterprise developers, software vendors or systems integrators to obtain real-time network-initiated location information and return it to the business application – to help increase utilization of critical assets in the field.”
AT&T has received honors for its enterprise mobility solutions such as AT&T LIS. Recently Frost & Sullivan presented AT&T with the 2011 North American Product Line Strategy Award in Mobile Asset Tracking.
AT&T will demo these solutions and more at Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona at booth 8A80.