The Fluke 233 Digital Multimeter uses a 2.4 GHz ISM Band wireless transmitter to send measurements to the detached display. Also, the Remote Display Multimeter gives users flexibility by sliding the wireless display out of the meter body -- placing the display up to 33 feet from the point of measurement -- and putting the meter in the best position to take measurements.
This multimeter makes it easier to take measurements in hard-to-reach places or to make measurements in machines or panels that are separated from a limit or isolator switch, and it is ideal where the operator can't be close to the active measurement point. Additionally, making measurements without holding the meter can help users improve their visual focus on test probes and work more safely.
The detachable wireless display lets the user:
- Find a comfortable position to view and record test data
- View readings when the test point is across the room -- or in the next room.
- See test results when the meter is hidden behind an equipment enclosure.
- Run tests and read results at a safe distance from shock and arc flash hazards, moving machinery and other dangers.
- Separate the tasks of positioning the meter and reading test results
The wireless signal that transmits measurement data is resistant to electromagnetic interference, and the radio transmitter automatically turns on when the display is removed from the meter and off when the display is reattached. The removable display is magnetic and has a flat bottom, so it can be mounted or placed on a flat surface.