PLANO, TX -- Local Motors, in partnership with Siemens PLM Software, is hosting a CAD competition to design stylish and distinctive automotive wheels using a free trial of new subscription-based Solid Edge Design1 software.
The competition is an opportunity for CAD engineers of any level to download a free 30-day trial of Solid Edge Design1, and create wheels to be added to the open source Local Motors community CAD library. By participating in this competition CAD designers will gain access to expert feedback, cool prizes and professional-grade CAD.
Local Motors community members will vote for their favorite CAD wheel designs and the top 5 will earn prizes. In addition to voting, members both expert and novice will exchange questions and answers to help enhance member skill. Solid Edge Design1 questions will receive dedicated support from Siemens PLM Software and Local Motors.
· The Challenge: Powerful and flowing curves of Italian automobiles curves face off against sharp and purposeful styling of German automobiles in this CAD wheel design competition. Using the free trial of Solid Edge Design1 software, entrants can design one wheel or multiple wheels for either the Ferrari 458 Italia, or the Audi R8 GT 5.2 FSI Quattro. For more information visit http://forge.local-motors.com/pages/competition.php?co=66
· Start Date: Thursday, March 8, 2012
· Submission Deadline: Monday, April 9, 2012
· Prizes: Top 5 community-voted winners will win a 3D scale print out of their design and a 1-year subscription to Solid Edge Design1, the first easy-to-afford professional CAD software for design and engineering enthusiasts.
· Member Bonus: All Local Motors members can download a free trial of Solid Edge Design1; free trials expire April 30, 2012.