MILWAUKEE — IT professionals are within a perfect storm right now thanks to monumental advancements in the fast-moving tech industry. To stay ahead, business leaders and IT experts are invited to attend the PDS 2011 Technology Conference on Wednesday, September 14 – Thursday, September 15 at the Frontier Airlines Center in Milwaukee, Wis.
This educational event is complimentary to qualified registrants ranging from CEOs and CIOs to IT directors and engineers from a wide variety of industries. The conference will feature nationally renowned speakers as well as 45+ general and industry-specific strategy sessions, designed to inspire and educate attendees in areas such as: private cloud computing, user experience and leadership. For more information and to register, visit http://www.PDSpc.com/techconf/.
Conference Highlights; Malcolm Gladwell Keynote
This year’s theme, It’s Good to Be You, focuses on the advantages of working in IT during this exciting time of transformation and how to leverage them for your career and your company. Malcolm Gladwell, New York Times bestselling author of The Tipping Point and Outliers, will keynote on Thursday, September 15, 1:00 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. A staff writer for the New Yorker magazine, Gladwell is well known for his penetrating social insights. Other prominent speakers include:
- Dave Logan – Author of Tribal Leadership and The Three Laws of Performance – Teaches management and leadership in the University of Southern California (USC) Executive MBA.
- Michelle Bailey – Research Vice President for IDC's Enterprise Platforms and Datacenter Trends – Manages primary research, consulting and multi-client studies for IDC's Worldwide and U.S. server programs.
- Phil McKinney – CTO/VP, HP – Manages long-range strategic planning and R&D for HP's PC product lines; named ‘chief seer’ by San Jose Mercury News.
- Eric Dishman – Architecture Group Director, Health Innovation, Intel – Named one of Fast Company's most creative people in business; responsible for driving Intel's cross-business strategy, research, and policy initiatives for healthcare IT.
- Kurt Roemer – Chief Security Strategist, Citrix Systems – Leads security, compliance, and privacy strategy efforts for Citrix products.
- Peter Han – Author of Nobodies to Somebodies – This Harvard graduate, now working at Microsoft, helps young professionals find perspective on how to translate their aspirations into career achievements.
“It’s a good time to be in the field of IT as we’re at an inflection point of great change within the industry,” said Craig Schiefelbein, CEO of PDS. “As a leader within your organization, it’s imperative to understand all the monumental shifts in IT which can allow significant returns and improved efficiencies, if leveraged correctly.”